By and between the Caregiver (This Position) and the Supervisor.
Caregiver Position Summary Statement
To assist Right Accord in retaining long-term quality clients by following “The Right Accord Way” with exactness.
- The Caregiver is responsible for the overall care for specifically assigned
- The Caregiver is responsible for learning and implementing the five core values of Right Accord, otherwise known as “The Right Accord ”
- The Caregiver is responsible for delivering “The Right Accord Experience” to each and every client.
- It is the duty of the Caregiver to communicate all schedule changes, concerns, and any other pertinent care related issues directly to the Field Supervisor over each given client they have been assigned to.
- The Caregiver is responsible for documenting, according to the documentation system set forth by Right Accord
- The Caregiver is responsible for studying and executing each “care plan” with exactness for each client they are assigned to.
- It is expected that each caregiver perform the duties that are outlined in each care plan. I understand that if I have a concern with any of the duties, listed below, that I would immediately express that concern to a Field Supervisor who can assist with additional training on any of the items.
- Warm companionship
- Meal planning and preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Bathing assistance
- Incontinence related duties
- Errands & shopping
- Incidental transportation
- Medication reminding
The Caregiver is accountable for accurately and honestly clocking in and clocking out using our timekeeping system.
Standards of Behavior and Dress
- Caregivers must ALWAYS, unless excused by RA Management for a specific client, wear scrubs/nursing uniforms. No jeans, shorts, t-shirts, halter or sleeveless tops are allowed, period.
- Caregivers found not wearing scrubs/nursing uniforms or wearing something inappropriate and against our dressing standards will be put on probation for 60- days. During the probation period, the caregiver will be reevaluated. If the caregiver is found not wearing their uniform for a second time, during the 60-day probation, they will be terminated.
- Uniforms must be washed, ironed and kept clean while wearing the uniform during client visits. Wrinkled uniforms will not be tolerated.
- Caregivers must wear a company supplied name badge during working
- No body piercings are allowed while caring for a client and all tattoos must be completely covered.
- Hair and makeup, if applicable, must be modestly done and appear
- NO opened toed or high heel shoes are allowed while on the job. This can cause injury to you and your client.
- Inappropriate language, jokes, and the like are prohibited. Such behavior presents a very unprofessional image and would reflect poorly on Right Accord
- You must never discuss your salary/wages with anyone but with RA Management. This information is confidential and must never be shared with clients or other Caregivers. Sharing such confidential information could result in termination of employment.
- It is inappropriate to solicit any type of other business, like multi-level marketing, to Right Accord clients or family members while under our Any violation may result in immediate termination.
The RA Way (Our 5 Core Values)
- I will wear the RA name badge to each and every shift, unless otherwise authorized by RA
- I will never discuss with a client or their family members personal matters that would appear unprofessional by RA’s standards. Such personal matters can put a client in an awkward position and create a negative atmosphere for Right Accord and the caregiver.
- I will always be professional and respect the client’s physical items and privacy.
- I will NEVER give a client’s phone number to anyone, including my own family. If someone needs to get a hold of me I will have him or her call Right Accord first, who will then contact me at the client’s home if it is an emergency.
- I will never give my personal information, including my address and phone number, to any client or family member when
- I will never call a client directly, unless authorized by RA
- I will not smoke on my way to or during a I will also make sure my clothes do not smell of smoke while on a shift.
- I will turn my cell phone off while at a client’s house and will NEVER make or take personal calls while working a shift unless otherwise
- I will not speak poorly of other team members to clients and their families. This includes RA employees and other professional healthcare staff involved in the care of RA’s If I do have an issue with a team member, I will speak to Right Accord’s management.
- I will never speak ill or negatively of Right Accord in the presence of a client, another caregiver or family I understand that Right Accord has an open door policy and if I have grievances or concerns about Right Accord, I will talk directly to the Care Director.
- I understand that I am an employee of Right Accord and that all care related issues must be communicated directly with the Right Accord office and not the
- I will respect the authority of the Supervisors and follow thru with their various requests as long as I am not asked to violate any rules set forth by Right Accord. If for some reason I have a concern about any of the Supervisors, I understand that I can express this to the Care Director or President of Right
- I will follow each care plan and make sure that my clients get the same high level of care during each and every time I visit.
- I will always accurately clock in and clock out using the timekeeping system set forth by Right Accord. I understand that failure to do so may result in not getting paid for that particular shift and in some instances may result in termination. If I forget to use telephony, I agree to immediately notify the office so they can adjust the schedules
- If I am a live-in or am required to fill out a timesheet for any reason, I will fill it out accurately and turn it into the office no later than 9am every Monday
- I understand that Right Accord will not tolerate I agree to be on time to each and every shift and understand that excessive tardiness will result in termination.
- I will not ask for excessive days
- When I do take days off, I will ALWAYS notify the office 10 business days in advance of the time I need off, unless in dire emergencies and unusualcircumstances. Failure to comply with this rule may result in disciplinary action, including immediate termination.
- I will document the duties performed for the client in the documentation logs at the end of each visit. The documentation will include tasks performed for the client. I will note/narrate all duties, not included on the documentation checklist, in the notes section of the documentation logs. Such narrative notes will be readable and clear for the Field Supervisor. If I fail to document, during each and every shift, I may face disciplinary action.
- I will keep my employee file up to date. This includes up to date, Health Statement, CPR, C.N.A./H.H.A. certifications, and all other necessary documentation as requested by the office staff.
- I will strive to be proactive when working with Right Accord clients and make sure that I never leave a clients home without it looking better than when I arrived. That includes a clean kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, , if requested in the Care Plan.
- Whenever possible, I agree to fill-in for Caregivers unable to make it to their shift because I understand that I may need the same from them at some future point. I agree to always communicate such requests or fill-ins to the office
- I will always be honest to Right Accord and their
- I understand that all client information in the care plan is confidential and must not be shared with others outside Right
- I will never take advantage of Right Accord’s clients in any
- I will always strive to fulfill my responsibilities outlined in each client care
- I will always be honest when documenting, at the end of each shift, what I did for the client that day.
- I will never solicit a RA client for private (Please read the General Standards section for more on this subject).
- I will always strive to adhere to Right Accord’s mission of “performing my collective duties with confidence, concern, commitment, cheerfulness and I will treat every contact as a friend, every client as family and perform every task with honor.”
- I will treat each client with respect and dignity and remember that they are adults.
- I have thoroughly read the Policies and Procedures and agree to abide by them and understand that failure to abide by any of them above or below may result in
- I understand that Right Accord provides care for the elderly. I agree that if I am unsure if a task can be performed, I will first check with Right
- I understand that I will be paid for completed services by the hour or by the job, depending on instructions from Right
- I understand that I may not make any private arrangements with or provide care independently to any Right Accord client during my employ and for one year after leaving employment with Right Accord. Any violation of this policy will result in financial liability by me to Right Accord in the amount of one-half of any monies received from any such clients. I also understand that my clients have signed a Contract with Right Accord that financially penalizes them for hiring away RA caregivers for private work and by violating this policy I am also causing them to violate their Contract.
- I agree that I will give Right Accord two (2) weeks’ notice if I decide to terminate my employment. I understand that I will receive my final paycheck on the next regularly scheduled payday. I also understand that I will not receive my final paycheck until all Right Accord items, loaned to me, are returned.
- I understand that if I am found to be using drugs or alcohol while on the job, or if I show up to work in an intoxicated state, these are grounds for immediate dismissal and even legal action if Florida State or Federal laws have been violated.
- I understand that if I fail to report to work and fail to notify the office, that I will be considered to have voluntarily quit my job without notice and will forfeit pay for the current pay period. I also understand that if I am licensed as a C.N.A. or other licensed healthcare professional that Right Accord reserves the right to report client abandonment to the state health department, which may result in losing the applicable license.
- I understand that Right Accord encourages Caregivers to recommend ideas for the vision of the We at Right Accord realize that some of the best ideas come from the Caregivers who openly share best practices and are constantly looking for better ways to help our clients remain independent at home.